Tuesday, December 28, 2010

End of the Year


A few remnants of Christmas 2010 remain throughout my house: empty gift bags, unopened cookie tins, pieces of candy canes, and an ornament that rolled under the sofa (bad kitty). With all the hustle and bustle of baking, wrapping and getting those last minute gifts I put my writing to the side – I barely had time to read. I have been feeling a little sluggish the last few days and blah. I couldn't put my finger on it. It's not that my belly is full or that I am a little bloated from the ham, cookies and mashed potatoes. It's not that I haven't crafted a new hat or scarf. It's not that I am not enjoying my family. I miss my writing! I miss my characters! Am I insane? Will I end up like a Stephen King character where my character will rebel and come to life? I hope not!

I realize that I have taken a step back from something that has become a huge part of me. For so many years I ignored my creative side, pushing it back to the farthest corners of my mind -- only to release it in a fury of short stories and a young adult novel. So, what I am trying to say is I think I really am a writer! I am not just someone dabbling at writing a clever story or quip; I really and truly am a writer! I may have incorrect grammar, dangle my participles,  and I can't spell worth beans – but who cares – I am a writer! Look out 2011 here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Comments are not shown until approved by the blog administrator.