Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Writer’s Cramp


I feel like I have been away from my blog for so long. I have been working on my young adult novel. Trying to find the voice of my main character I am finding myself full of self doubt. I constantly question myself and my abilities as a writer. Sure my family and friends are going to say they like my work, but what about the real world. Reading up on how to be a successful writer and learning from other writers I have learned a few things.

  1. I am not alone in my struggle. Writers go through the constant battle with wither their inner self telling them they are no good. I have to listen to my positive self and move forward.


  2. Life can be lonely as a writer. I have to put myself into seclusion and find quiet. I work alone in my writing nook, instead of going to an office like other grownups. Embrace my solitude, choose when I want to be with other grownups. I have joined Meet-Up so I can network with other writers and I make time once a week to have lunch with an old friend from work.


  3. Just write – it doesn't have to be good the first try, just write.

  4. Read – read – read and read.
The picture above is a sunset off of the Northern California coast - a small part of my solitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comment. Comments are not shown until approved by the blog administrator.